Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Often I Wonder

Often I wonder in the cold darkest hours,
Why I remain thirsty by your side,
When you quench the thirst,
With loud roars and thunderous bursts?

Often I wonder in the cold darkest hours,   
Why you come to me
And tell me something into my ears,
Something which I cannot hear?

Often I wonder in the cold darkest hours,   
Why you kiss me so much,
And smother me with your spray,
When I cannot even dance and sway?

Often I wonder in the cold darkest hours,   
Why I can’t embrace you,
And take you in my arms,
And delight you with my lusty charms?

Often I wonder in the cold darkest hours,
Why the waves that surges in you,
Never rises in me,
Leaving me crying in agony?

Often I wonder in the cold, darkest hours,
Why you dance in glee,
drinking the light of the moon,
And I lie there very still, sad with gloom?

Often I wonder in the cold, darkest hours,
Why your warmth cannot melt me,
And pierce me with your darts,
I, with a white skin and a stony heart?

Often I wonder in the cold, darkest hours,
Why the dryness in me remains dry still,
When everything dampens in you,
And I lay dry, though being a part of you?

Often I wonder in the cold, darkest hours,
Why I cannot be one with you,
When you lie there with arms open wide.
And I lie there on the earth, to which I am tied?

Often I wonder in the cold, darkest hours,
What lies in you,
You, the ocean so deep and wide,
I, the sandy beach, your eternal bride!

© 2015 Abhijit Pandit