Saturday, January 25, 2014

A blind man's love

How I wish they were there,
the two eyes of mine.
I would have seen you and touched you with those eyes,
explored the delicate curves that enfolds
those enclosed regions of your body,
to see the heaving breast,
and the undulating bosom,
with every breath you take.

How I wish to see you come out of the bath,
and see your dripping hair longing for those shoulders,
the shoulder on which glistens a few drops of water.
I wish they would just stay there, like dew resting on a petal,
or slide down the smooth skin, 
like a rivulet tumbling down on the rocks.
The towel with which you will now smack your hair, spraying water,
how I wish to see the spray in the yellow sunlight.

How I wish to see you stare at me and
look at me with those brown eyes of yours,
scanning eyes, searching for something in me,
waiting to tell something with muted voices.
How I wish to see that gaze of yours.

How I wish to see the sensual walk,
the bouncing of the hair, the thrusting of hips,
the measured steps, the elegant gait,
the tapping sounds that come out of the stones on the pavement,
are the only sounds that would come out,
when you are there, walking with me.

I now have only these words with which to see you, to feel you,
Yet I am not sad. Neither am I angry.
For I know that you have your eyes on me.
I feel their glance, the heat and light they emit.

I have seen you when there was light,
and darkness was just a thing of wonder.
Now I see you in darkness, and I wonder,
how love binds you and me.
While you see the world for me,
I walk this earth for you,
and we glide down the roads,
holding each other in our hearts.


© 2014 Abhijit Pandit